To be eligible for our programs, you must have successfully completed the Terminale or have training and work experience deemed sufficient by the College's management.
Although similar, the education systems of Quebec and the other countries have small differences. You will find in the following table a comparison between the Quebec and French systems that will allow you to better situate yourself. We have indicated the level of academic credentials we offer.
For foreign students, there are four steps to the registration process. We suggest that you start your process approximately four to five months before the scheduled date of your course due to the delays inherent in obtaining your residence permit.
Step 1 - APPLICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Complete the ``Application for International Students`` form online by clicking on the button.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and a certified copy of your most recent diploma or official transcript.
- Transmit everything to us.
- A fee of $ 50 is required to review your eligibility application. After completing the form, click send. You will be redirected to our site to make the payment. The request will be processed only when payment is made. If you did not make the payment at the time of the request, you can do it again by clicking on the button.
- After reviewing your application, we will provide you with an admission letter (delay of about two weeks) that will allow you to take the next step.
Step 2 - QUEBEC ACCEPTANCE CERTIFICATE (CAQ)
To apply, you will need the following documents:
- A letter of admission that we will have provided you.
- Proof that you have the funds necessary to ensure your livelihood in Canada and to return to your country.
- A valid passport.
- Provide a fee of C $ 111 for this certificate.
You can do this online by clicking the CAQ button.
Step 3 - STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
Once this document is in hand (Certificate of Acceptance), you will have to contact the Canadian Visa Office to obtain a student residence permit. This is the document that will allow you to enter Canada. You can apply online by clicking on the study permit button.
It is possible that you have to pass a medical examination.
You will have to pay $ 150 Canadian for the residence permit.
Step 4 - REGISTRATION TO THE SCHOOL
WHEN YOU'VE GOT YOUR STUDY PERMIT, YOUR LAST STEP WILL BE TO SEND US $200 CANADIAN FOR REGISTRATION FEES BY Clicking on the Foreign Registration Fees button.
We will confirm by email or phone that we have reserved a place for you. We suggest that you arrive approximately one week before the start of the course in order to sign the service contract. On this occasion, it will be our pleasure to make you visit the school. First, please make an appointment by phone with one of our registration advisors.
Under the agreements that exist between certain countries and Canada, you may be covered free of charge by the Quebec health care system. Otherwise, the College will offer you an insurance company upon arrival. Health insurance is compulsory for all, at the expense of the student.
We can provide you with information to search for your accommodation. As often happens, some of our students from outside the city or the country come together and share accommodation for the course period. See below for practical links: Kijiji, Easy Roomate and Evo Montreal.
It would be appropriate to provide the necessary clothing for the coldest period from December to March. For more information on temperature, please consult the Environment Canada website.
As an indication, here is what it could cost you on a monthly basis to live in Montreal during your stay. - Accommodation: between $ 400 and $ 500 per month depending on the type of accommodation - Transportation: $ 83 for a monthly card (unlimited use of metro and buses) - Food: $ 250 - Leisure: $ 50
Minors (under 18 years of age)
Parents of minor students who wish to speak with a College official may contact the Director of studies at 514-525-3030.
Guides for Immigrants to Quebec
You can download for free, below, the Guide to studies and continuing education in Quebec for more information.
Enjoy your stay in Montreal to discover the North American continent. The second largest French-speaking city in the world, Montreal is a bilingual city and is an excellent base for discovering Canada and North America. Why not combine studies and discoveries from another continent?